Monthly archives: March, 2012
Tax on Motor vehicles which include cars, vans, trishaws and motor bicycles have been increased immediate effect. The Ministry of Finance and Planning announced today that the increase was made to ensure a drop in the vehicles imported to the country in order to reduce the high traffic congestions prevalent. The Ministry also said that…Read More..
The Ministry of Finance and Planning said today that the estimated revenue from the increase of tax on alcohol and cigarettes would be close to 3 Billion rupees.The Ministry announced today that the price of all brands of cigarettes will be increased by Rs 1 forthwith. The Tax on imported beer was increased by Rs….Read More..
Citing a simmering row between Israel and the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) over the latter’s decision to investigate Israeli settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, the Sri Lankan government yesterday pointed out the inconsistency of the US position, with regard to the contentious issue of human rights….Read More..
Ten Veteran journalists who have excelled in the spheres of Mass Media will be honored with special awards by President Mahinda Rajapaksa at a ceremony to be held in Colombo on Friday morning. This felicitation ceremony organized for the first time, by the Department of Government Information will take place when its new five storied…Read More..
- Silpa: Indira.I agree with you.but one question-What sort of tax concessiona /benefits offered by the previous...
- Amden: The answer is the Might has overtaken the Right, in both cases as it has said by chief justice mr. Mohan.
- Amden: Might overtakes Right in good governance….!
- jay: We challenge Mr and his son to prove their innocence,instead of trying to be the injured party.
- Amarakoon: I am bit confused! May be Mr. S. Fernando can explain to me. Firstly, Yoshitha was decommissioned by his...