President Maithripala Sirisena and former President Mahinda Rajapaksa arrived at the Parliament and much awaited discussions were held on Wednesday (6) morning.
The first round meeting between the President and former President Rjapaksa has been concluded successfully, Minister Duminda Dissanayake said.
Discussions were held to address the issues of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP), said Dissanayake.
Meanwhile, SLFP General Secretary Anura Priyadarshana Yapa issuing a statement said that five key topics were discussed during the meeting. The key topics are as following…
- Who will be the Prime Ministerial candidate at the election
- The terms of the local governmental bodies
- Nominations at the election
- The activities of the Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID)
- Contest under the United People’s Freedom Alliance (UPFA) at the election