Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma
(Pix by: Sudath Silva)
Six new foreign diplomats have handed in their credentials to President Rajapaksa at the President’s Office yesterday on 26th April.
Five Ambassadors for Italy, South Korea, Vietnam, the Philippines and Belgium and a High Commissioner for South Africa presented credentials to the President at the ceremony was which held at the Presidential Secretariat. After presenting their papers the following new six envoys said that they will embark on cementing the bilateral co-operation between two countries.
1. Mr. Fabrizio Pio Arpea – Ambassador- designate of the Republic of Italy
2. Mr. Choi Jong-Moon- Ambassador- designate of the Republic of Korea
3. Mr. Geoffrey Quinton Doidge- High Commissioner- designate of the Republic of South Africa
4. Mr. Ton Sinh Thanh – Ambassador- designate of the Republic of Vietnam
5. Mr. Bahnarim Abu Guinomia- Ambassador – designate of the Republic of the
6. Mr. Pierre Vaesen- Ambassador- designate of the Kingdom of Belgium
The Minister of External Affairs Prof G.L Peiris, Secretary to the President Lalith Weeratunga, Chief of Protocol A.L.Ratnapala and the Additional Secretary (Admin.) to the President, D.S.Gunarathne were also present at the event.