Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma
(Pix by: Sudath Silva)
Ten (10) new Ambassadors and High Commissioners handed over their credentials to President Mahinda Rajapaksa at the President’s office on Friday 05th November.
Accordingly eight (8) new Ambassadors from Switzerland, Norway, Mongolia, Cambodia, Mexico, Oman, Peru and Vietnam and two (2) new High Commissioners from Pakistan and Cyprus handed over their credentials at the ceremony.
External Affairs Minister Prof G.L. Peiris and Secretary to the President Lalith Weerathunga were present. The new diplomats are in Colombo as follows
01. Ms. Seema Illahi Baloch – High Commissioner, Islamic Republic of Pakistan
02. Mr. Thomas Litscher – Ambassador, Switzerland.
03. Ms. Hilde Haraldstad – Ambassador, Kingdom of Norway.
04. Mr. Voroshilov Enkhbold – Ambassador, Mongolia.
05. Mrs. Yous Makana – Ambassador, Kingdom of Cambodia.
06. Mr. Jaime Virgilio Nualart Sanchez, Ambassador – Mexico.
07. Mr. Sheikh Humaid Bin Ali Bin Sultan, Ambassador-Sultanate of Oman.
08. Mr. Javier Paulinich – Ambassador – Republic of Peru.
09. Ms. Nafsika Chr. Krousti – High Commissioner, Republic of Cyprus.
10. Mr. Nguyen Thanh Tan – Ambassador, Socialist Republic of Vietnam.