– by Janaka Alahapperuma – Pix by: Sudath Silva The President of the Republic of Seychelles, James Alix Michel warmly welcomed the arrival of his Sri Lankan counterpart President Mahinda Rajapaksa at the airport in the capital city of Seychelles. At the invitation of President Michel, President Rajapaksa will be undertaking the historic state visit…
Month: June 2013
– by Janaka Alahapperuma – (Pix by: Sudath Silva) President Mahinda Rajapaksa who is currently in Tanzania for a five-day official tour graced the opening ceremony of the Global Smart Partnership Dialogue- 2013 which is taking place in parallel to the 50th anniversary of the African Union….
– by Janaka Alahapperuma – The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced the Team of the ICC Champions Trophy- 2013 that included seven players from the England and India sides that featured in the final at Edgbaston on last Sunday. Indian Captain and wicket keeper batsman Mahendra Singh Dhoni named as the captain of the team….
President Mahinda Rajapaksa left this morning on a five-day state visit to Tanzania and Seychelles. Not only will this be President Rajapaksa’s first visit to both countries, but it will also be the first visit of any Sri Lankan president. It is a part of President Rajapaksa’s vision of further strengthening South-South cooperation….
– by Shenali D Waduge – No post – independent Government won as much global plaudits for Sri Lanka’s foreign policy as during the time when Mrs. Sirimavo Bandaranaike was Prime Minister. The country witnessed a string of foreign policy successes one after the other mainly during her first two terms of office i.e. 1960 –…
(Reuters) – Kevin Rudd returned as Australian prime minister on Wednesday, executing a stunning party room coup on Julia Gillard almost three years to the day after being ousted by his former deputy and less than three months out from a general election. The reinstatement of Rudd was a last-ditch effort to shore up support…
– by Shenali D Waduge – The Financial Times has posted an article by Gideon Rachman who claims that foreign leaders should feel sick about accepting hospitality from a government whose human rights records are grim. Rachman goes on to say that the “sins” of the Sri Lankan Government are not merely being ignored…
Political parties and Tamil outfits will stage protests if the Centre continues to impart training to officials of the Sri Lankan defence forces at Defence Services Staff College at Wellington in the Nilgiris, said Vaiko, general secretary of the Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (MDMK) on Tuesday….
Book your Hotel Online – Find Sri Lanka Hotels