Appeal Court judges get threatening calls
The Colombo Magistrate’s Court ordered the Borella and Bambalapitiya Police to get relevant details from phone companies after Court of Appeal Judges S. Sriskandarajah, and Justice Anil Goonarathne had received threatening phone calls, the day before the CA delivered its ruling on PSC.
Justice Sriskandarajah had lodged a complaint with the Bambalapitiya police, while Justice Goonarathne had lodged a complaint at the Borella Police.
According to reports Court of Appeal Judge S. Sriskandarajah had received an anonymous call to his residence on the eve of delivering the Court of Appeal Judgment yesterday, the Police said.
The Police said that both Court of Appeal Judges received the calls on January 6 (Sunday). The anonymous caller had threatened the judges not to proceed to court the next day.
The Police said that the call to Justice Sriskandarajah had been made from a public phone booth in Rajagiriya, and they are conducting investigations into the incident.
The Borella and Bambalapitiya Police are conducting investigations into the incident.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Public Health Inspector (PHI) shot dead in Elpitiya February 26, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s justice minister assures presidential election scheduled for 2024 February 26, 2024
- Wanindu Hasaranga suspended for two matches, fined February 25, 2024
- Parliamentary committees summon CBSL officials over 70% salary increase February 25, 2024
- STF arrests Army Corporal over Mahabage shooting that killed “Ukkuwa” February 24, 2024