Appeal Court judges get threatening calls
The Colombo Magistrate’s Court ordered the Borella and Bambalapitiya Police to get relevant details from phone companies after Court of Appeal Judges S. Sriskandarajah, and Justice Anil Goonarathne had received threatening phone calls, the day before the CA delivered its ruling on PSC.
Justice Sriskandarajah had lodged a complaint with the Bambalapitiya police, while Justice Goonarathne had lodged a complaint at the Borella Police.
According to reports Court of Appeal Judge S. Sriskandarajah had received an anonymous call to his residence on the eve of delivering the Court of Appeal Judgment yesterday, the Police said.
The Police said that both Court of Appeal Judges received the calls on January 6 (Sunday). The anonymous caller had threatened the judges not to proceed to court the next day.
The Police said that the call to Justice Sriskandarajah had been made from a public phone booth in Rajagiriya, and they are conducting investigations into the incident.
The Borella and Bambalapitiya Police are conducting investigations into the incident.
Courtesy: DM Online
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023