In a compelling address at the 28th session of the Conference of Parties (COP28) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) in Dubai, UAE on Friday (December 01), Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe acknowledged the historical significance of the UN Conference on Human Environment, emphasizing its goal to defend and improve the environment for present and future generations.
Sri Lankan youths will be conditionally allowed to enter Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category for employment opportunities in the field of construction with effect from today (December 01), the Minister of Labour & Foreign Employment Manusha Nanayakkara said.
Sinhala Chat Room
Sri Lanka’s top news reported in 2022
- Massive protest near Sri Lanka President’s residence against economic crisis – March 31, 2022
- Sri Lanka’s entire cabinet resigns – April 03, 2022
- Dr. Nandalal Weerasinghe appointed new Governor of Central Bank – April 07, 2022
- MynaGoGama and GotaGoGama Galle Face protest sites attacked and destroyed – May 09, 2022
- Mahinda Rajapaksa resigns as Prime Minister – May 09, 2022
- List of Properties of Politicians attacked during Monday’s clash in Sri Lanka – May 10, 2022
- Ranil Wickremesinghe sworn in as 26th Prime Minister of Sri Lanka – May 12, 2022
- Sri Lanka Falls Into Default For The First Time Ever – May 19, 2022
- Sri Lanka President Gotabaya Rajapaksa flees to Maldives on military jet – July 13, 2022
- Gotabaya Rajapaksa officially resigns as President of Sri Lanka – July 15, 2022
- Ranil Wickremesinghe sworn in as 08th Executive President of Sri Lanka – July 21, 2022
- Sri Lanka receives IMF approval for USD 2.9 Billion bailout package – March 20, 2023