Air Quality in Colombo, Sri Lanka at unhealthy levels
The Central Environmental Authority says that the quality of the air in Colombo, Sri Lanka has dropped to unhealthy levels.
The value of the air quality indicators has increased to 124 units, says Deputy Director General of the Central Environmental Authority Sanjaya Ratnayake.
However, as of 11:00 AM on Saturday (March 11) the AQI had increased to 155 units.
These units represent the amount of dust particles present per cubic metre of the atmosphere, explained Ratnayake.
He also says they believe that a change in the wind pattern blowing into the country from India has given rise to this situation.
(Courtesy: News First)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023