Sri Lanka’s foreign remittances up by 98.8% in February – Manusha
The foreign remittances earned by Sri Lankan migrant workers’ have increased to USD 407.4 million in February 2023.
Accordingly, an increase of 98.8% (USD 202.5 million) has been observed from February 2022 the Minister of Labour and Foreign Employment Manusha Nanayakkara said, with only USD 204.9 million of foreign remittances having been recorded in February last year.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023