Five individuals attempt to smuggle Gold arrested at Bandaranaike International Airport
Five individuals including an Indian national who were trying to smuggle a stock of gold worth more than Rs.160 million were apprehended by the customs officers at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) this morning (March 11).
The suspects were taken into custody at the BIA with 10.5kg of gold while attempting to flee to Mumbai, India by UL-141 flight.
According to sources, the gold stock was found by the customs Narcotic officers and the gold was hidden in the suspects’ baggage.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023