Underworld leader shot dead by stf in sooriyawewa
An underworld leader has been shot dead by the police Special Task Force in the Deiyandara- Yaaya area in Sooriyawewa.
According to the police, Neluwe Priyantha, who was in the custody of the police, had accompanied the STF officers to the area to reveal a stock of hidden weapons.
The suspects had attempted to fire at the STF officers with a pistol that was in the hidden stock of weapons, prompting retaliatory fire from the Police Special Task Force officers.
The corpse of the underworld leader is lying at the Sooriyawewa hospital.
The Police said that the suspect had been connected to several murders and robberies.
The Police have also launched further investigations into the incident.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023