Quo Warranto petition against Mahinda postponed to January
The Quo Warranto writ petition filed by 122 Members of Parliament at the Court of Appeal, challenging the authority of Mahinda Rajapaksa to hold office as Prime Minister and 48 Parliamentarians to hold Ministerial portfolios will be taken up for hearing once again before Court on the 16th, 17th and 18th of January 2019.
The first hearing of the petition took place on the 3rd of December where an interim injunction order suspending the Prime Minister, Cabinet of Ministers, Deputy Ministers and State Ministers fro functioning was issued.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023