China approves USD 1 billion loan for Central Expressway
Chinese Ambassador in Colombo Cheng Xueyuan has informed Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe that the Chinese government has approved USD 1 billion as funding for the phase one of the Central Expressway project.
Instructions have been given to Chinese EXIM bank to process the loan. The ambassador requested the Sri Lankan side to expedite administrative and legal formalities, the PM’s Office said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023