Mahinda Samarasinghe to head the SL delegation at UNHRC
Minister of Plantation Mahinda Samarasinghe has been appointed to head the Sri Lankan delegation at the upcoming United Nations Human Rights Council Sessions in Geneva.
According to a statement issued by the Ministry of Plantations, the appointment had been made by President Mahinda Rajapaksa Thursday evening.
Minister Mahinda Samarasinghe will address the Geneva Human Rights Council Sessions at 4.30 p.m. Sri Lankan time on March 27. (Courtesy: News First)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka bondholders raise concerns over debt deal transparency December 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023