Only solution is a general election – Dullas
The United Peoples Freedom Alliance has once again reiterated that the only solution to the prevailing political crisis is the conduct of a general election.
Speaking at a media briefing held in Colombo today UPFA Parliamentarian Dullas Alahapperuma said the present political deadlock cannot be resolved through a Presidential election.
MP Alahapperuma noted despite claims by the United National Party a Presidential Election will not be the solution for the present political crisis adding even if a new President is appointed the government cannot be dissolved until the 3rd of March 2020.
MP Dullas Alahapperuma further stated if the Tamil National Alliance pledges support to United National Party Leader Ranil Wickremesinghe in parliament today, then they have no right to function as the opposition in parliament.
The Parliamentarian stressed if Parliamentarians representing the Tamil National Alliance vote in favour of Ranil Wickremesinghe or table affidavits the TNA will lose the right to hold the positions of the Opposition leader and the opposition party.
(Source: News Radio)
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
Well, that’s your solution. Best to stick it up where the Sun never shines.
You will regret your actions and thoughts.
The Voter is wise and the Voter will decide.