Rishad Bathiudeen appeals for Azath Salley’s release
All Ceylon Makkal Congress (ACMC) Leader MP Rishad Bathiudeen has appealed to the Government to consider the release of former Western Province Governor Azath Salley who has been detained under the Prevention of Terrorism Act and International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
Bathiudeen made this plea while addressing the Colombo District Youth Conference of ACMC in Mattakkuliya. He also requested the release of Salley after considering that he was not guilty of any wrongdoing and added that the Government should not try to suppress anyone for raising his voice on behalf of the community. “Keeping him detained continuously is not reasonable nor fair. He raised his voice relentlessly for his community which is a minority in this country. He also joined us in connection with the cremation issue of Muslim individuals who died of COVID – 19. Do not take revenge on him in an unfair way,” Bathiudeen said.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Naalir Jamaldeen)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023