Four including suspect who uploaded Zahran’s pledge-taking video arrested
Four individuals have been arrested for spreading extremist propaganda and the ideologies of Zahran Hashim through social media, says Police Spokesperson DIG Ajith Rohana.
The suspects were taken into custody on Wednesday (March 31) by the Terrorism Investigation Division (TID).
The TID initially apprehended two persons on Wednesday. One of them was identified as a 31-year-old from Wellampitiya area and the other is a 32-year-old from Thihariya area.
According to the police spokesperson, one of the arrestees is the person who uploaded a video containing footage of Zahran Hashim and several others taking a pledge of allegiance, shortly after the Easter Sunday terror attacks in April, 2019.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024