Four including suspect who uploaded Zahran’s pledge-taking video arrested
Four individuals have been arrested for spreading extremist propaganda and the ideologies of Zahran Hashim through social media, says Police Spokesperson DIG Ajith Rohana.
The suspects were taken into custody on Wednesday (March 31) by the Terrorism Investigation Division (TID).
The TID initially apprehended two persons on Wednesday. One of them was identified as a 31-year-old from Wellampitiya area and the other is a 32-year-old from Thihariya area.
According to the police spokesperson, one of the arrestees is the person who uploaded a video containing footage of Zahran Hashim and several others taking a pledge of allegiance, shortly after the Easter Sunday terror attacks in April, 2019.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023