Ruwan Wijewardene elected UNP Deputy Leader
Posted in Local News
Former MP Ruwan Wijewardene has been elected as the Deputy Leader of the United National Party (UNP) defeating Ravi Karunanayake in the secret ballot.
After the resignation of the leader of the Samagi Jana Balawegaya Sajith Premadasa as the Deputy Leader of the UNP, no action had been taken to appoint anyone to the post.
However, UNP Deputy Attorney General Nissanka Nanayakkara stated last week that the Deputy Leader who will be appointed by the Working Committee on Monday will be the party leader from January 1 next year.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
Welcome dear Ruwan,
The Nation eagerly awaits your ascension to the throne in the UNP.