UNP wants full bench over MR’s petition
Posted in Local News
Lawyers of UNP Leader Ranil Wickremesinghe have filed a Petition in the Supreme Court seeking a fuller Bench to hear Mahinda Rajapaksa’s appeal against the interim order given by the Court of Appeal barring him and the cabinet from functioning.
Meanwhile, another motion has been filed in the Supreme Court to consider the fact that Justice Eva Wanasundara and Mahinda Rajapaksa being close friends, when constituting new justices to the Bench.
(Courtesy: Daily Mirror)
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023