12 petitions filed against 20A thus far
Another six petitions have been filed before the Supreme Court against the proposed 20th Amendment to the Constitution today.
The petitioners are seeking the Supreme Court to issue an order stating the proposed amendment should be passed by a two thirds majority in Parliament and also approved through a public referendum to become legislation.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023