12 petitions filed against 20A thus far
Posted in Local News
Another six petitions have been filed before the Supreme Court against the proposed 20th Amendment to the Constitution today.
The petitioners are seeking the Supreme Court to issue an order stating the proposed amendment should be passed by a two thirds majority in Parliament and also approved through a public referendum to become legislation.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023