Bank robbed by gunmen in ‘full-face helmets’
Posted in Local News
Two armed motorcyclists wearing face-covered helmets are reported to have robbed a private bank at Attidiya in Mount Lavinia of Rs.1 million a short while ago.
The robbery took place at around 1.45pm today when the armed robbers had arrived on a motorcycle, fired around 3 shots.
A security guard at the private bank branch who was injured when the alleged thieves attacked him, has been hospitalized.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023