Bharatha Killing: Duminda, 12 others indicted
Colombo district UPFA parliamentarian Duminda Silva and 12 others were today indicted in the Colombo High Court on 17 charges in the killing of former presidential advisor Bharatha Lakshman Premachandra and four others at Walpola, Mulleriyawa in 2011.
The 12 others also indicted by the Attorney General were: Anura Thushara De Mel, Chandana Jagath Kumara, Chaminda Ravi Jayanath, Lanka Rasanjana, Malaka Sameera, Vidanagamage Amila, Sarath Bandara, Suranga Premalal, Saman Kumara Abeysinghe, Janaka Bandara, Rohana Marasinghe and Nagoda Liyanarachchige Chaminda.
Among the charges were the killing of Bharatha Lakshman, Dharshana Jayathilake, Mohamed Azmy and Manimel Kumaraswamy and inflicting gunshot injuries on Mr. Premachandra’s bodyguard Rajapurage Gamini and being the members of unlawful assembly.
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023