CID raid SLC
A special team from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) conducted a search inside the Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) office in Maitland Crescent yesterday evening to find a missing hard disk which contained valuable information, sources said.
However the CID Investigations Director denied carrying out such a raid. The sources said the CID had searched the World Cup 2011 office at SLC for the hard disk which had apparently contained valuable information on SLC and the World Cup.
The CID had conducted the search following a complaint lodged by SLC Security Advisor Major General Lawrence Fernando. Almost all the computers had been searched by the team, they said.
SLC Interim Committee Secretary Nishantha Ranatunga said a complaint was lodged with the police to investigate whether any malpractice had been taken place.
However when contacted, CID Investigations Director SSP Vijaya Amerasinghe denied that a team from his department had conducted a raid to find a missing hard disk.
“We did not conduct any raid as reported. A few people asked me about the search but what we have to say is that we did not conduct any operation or raid”, he said.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023