FREE TRAIN SERVICES BETWEEN ANURADHAPURA AND MIHINTALE FOR DEVOTEES
The Department of Railways says that train services between Anuradhapura and Mihintale will be free of charge for devotees during the Poson season.
Director of Operations at the Department Wijaya Samarasinghe said that the special service, which will be available until the 17th of this month will commence at 9.45am today.
Samarasinghe noted that this special service will be available 24 hours a day.
The special free train service for devotees consists of 52 turns between Anuradhapura and Mihintale.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023