Court rejects writ appeal over Ranjan Ramanayake’s parliamentary seat
The Court of Appeal has rejected the writ application filed by Ranjan Ramanayake’s legal counsel seeking not to remove him from his Parliamentary seat.
The Attorney General and Secretary-General of the Parliament have been named as the respondents of the petition.
The case was taken up before the Court of Appeal this morning (April 05).
Ranjan Ramanayake is currently incarcerated at the Angunukolapelessa Prison.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023