I will not contest again if there is no change in UNP – Harin
Former Minister Harin Fernando states that the country should be rebuilt under the leadership of Sajith Premadasa as Premadasa is the wish of the whole country.
He mentioned this yesterday (25) addressing a electoral board meeting in Badulla Postal complex.
Stating that he respects UNP Leader Ranil Wickremesinghe, Fernando said that they should instead appoint Wickremesinghe to an honorary position and seek his intelligence.
However, if this change doesn’t occur within the party, he will not contest at elections again, he further stated.
He adds that the President’s behavior has resulted in an awakening of the UNP and that they will carry that pride with them at their vehicle parades from Badulla to Kataragama on the 01st December and then to Kandy on the 02nd December.
He emphasized that the program will be launched throughout the country, encouraging the people.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023
- ‘Palestine will win’: Sri Lanka businesses raise funds for war-ravaged Gaza November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka President leaves for Dubai to attend the COP28 November 30, 2023