JVP will not support motion to express confidence in Ranil
The Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna (JVP) says its MPs will not support a motion which is expected to be presented in Parliament to express confidence in UNP leader Ranil Wickremesinghe.
Speaking at a press briefing on Saturday (8), JVP MP Bimal Ratnayake said that the motion is being brought by the United National Party (UNP) and that the JVP will have no part of it.
We will not get involved in this battle over the premiership or any plans to form a government, he said.
He said they will not express confidence as there is no confidence.
The JVP parliamentarian further said that abolishing the executive presidency is the only solution for this problem in the country.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023