Lane law from tomorrow in four main roads in Colombo
A special program to enforce the lane law would be held from tomorrow 6 a.m until 10 a.m on Wednesday (16) in selected roads in the Western Province.
Police said the lane rule will be implemented under the theme of “Let’s Resume – Road Discipline” on the orders and instructions of the Senior DIG in charge of Western Province and Traffic.
They said the law would be implemented in four main roads in Colombo.
Accordingly, the roads from Polduwa Junction to Horton Roundabout on the Sri Jayawardenapura Mawatha, roads from Kelani Bridge to High Level Road Junction on the Baseline Road, roads near the Anula College to Sri Sambuddha Jayanthi Mawatha, Thummulla Roundabout, Thurston Road, Marcus Fernando Mawatha, Library Junction, Ananda Coomaraswamy Mawatha, Malpara Junction and Pittala Junction on the High Level Road and roads from William Junction to Galle Face Roundabout, Galle Centre Road, NSA roundabout on the Galle Road.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
It is high time to train cattle and make understand if everybody obey the law and drive with discipline, there will be less delay, less pollution, lower fuel burning and less stress. Next one to bring in is to teach giving way to vehicles on the right on a roundabout.
For how many days will this discipline last?
Look at the guy in the photo painting the lane marking.
He has no protection whatsoever against significant safety risk of being knocked down by a bus.
In fact, the guy has put his life on the line painting the lane marking !!!!
National hero !!!!