Maximum retail price for coconut gazetted
The Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) has published an Extraordinary Gazette notification pertaining to the revision of Maximum Retail Prices (MRP) of coconut.
Signed by CAA Chairman Major General (Retired) Shantha Dissanayake, the Gazette notification states that the revised prices will come into effect from today (25).
The new MRP for coconuts is as follows:
Coconut (circumference over 13 inches) – Rs. 70.00 per nut
Coconut (circumference between 12 – 13 inches) – Rs. 65.00 per nut
Coconut (circumference below 12 inches) – Rs. 60.00 per nut
No importer, producer, distributor or trader are allowed to sell or expose/offer/display for sale the listed items, above the new Maximum Retail Prices.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023