Maximum retail price for coconut gazetted
The Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) has published an Extraordinary Gazette notification pertaining to the revision of Maximum Retail Prices (MRP) of coconut.
Signed by CAA Chairman Major General (Retired) Shantha Dissanayake, the Gazette notification states that the revised prices will come into effect from today (25).
The new MRP for coconuts is as follows:
Coconut (circumference over 13 inches) – Rs. 70.00 per nut
Coconut (circumference between 12 – 13 inches) – Rs. 65.00 per nut
Coconut (circumference below 12 inches) – Rs. 60.00 per nut
No importer, producer, distributor or trader are allowed to sell or expose/offer/display for sale the listed items, above the new Maximum Retail Prices.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
This is so silly it is not worth commenting about this. Noe you need a maths degree from Sri Lanken university to calculate the area, circumference and the volume of a coconut, before you buy.
Why measure in inches.
Measurement should be in millimetres.