Only PM Can Speak On Port City
The National Executive Committee has decided that only Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe can make statements on the controversial Colombo Port City project.
The decision was taken after Ministers Rajitha Senaratne and Lakshman Kiriella had made contradictory statements on the project recently. The National Executive Committee had taken the decision when they met last week.
At present a committee has been appointed to analyse the project and a decision will be taken after the cabinet received the committee report which is due within 45 days. The Government has said it will cancel the project if the committee recommends that the environment will be harmed if the project goes ahead.
(The Sunday Leader)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023