President orders reinstatement of 10 army officers
President Maithripala Sirisena ordered to reinstate 10 military officers including a Major General who were sent on compulsory retirement after the 2010 presidential elections, military spokesman Brigadier Jayanath Jayaweera said.
Accordingly, Major General Mahesh Senanayake, five Brigadiers- Bimal Dias, Duminda Keppetiwalana, Janaka Mohotti, Athula Hannadige, Wasantha Kumarapperuma, colonel Ubhaya Siriwardane , Lt, Colonel P. Jayasundara and two captains-R. Ranaweera and Krishantha are among the reinstated officials.
On the instruction of president Maithripala Sirisena as the Commander-in-chief has ordered to reinstate them with effect from yesterday.
The reinstated officers are scheduled to meet Army Commander Daya Rathnayake on Monday.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
Good move. There was no justification (other than Gota-a-baya’s jealousy/ and they worked closely with SF) to sent them comparably leave.
Seems like we are going to see more and more TIT FOR TAT in the near future. It does not do too much good for the poor people of the country except stratifying the ego of the currrent government.
In any case army officers are not supposed take sides and get involved with politics.