Special commodity levy on onions & potatoes reduced
The Ministry of Finance has decided to reduce the Special Commodity levy on a kilogram of big onions and potatoes by Rs.20.
A spokesman for the Ministry announced that the levy will be reduced to Rs 20 per kilogram from the existing Rs 40 per kilogram.
The Spokesman said the reduction comes in lieu of the upcoming festive season.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023