Special commodity levy on onions & potatoes reduced
Posted in Local News
The Ministry of Finance has decided to reduce the Special Commodity levy on a kilogram of big onions and potatoes by Rs.20.
A spokesman for the Ministry announced that the levy will be reduced to Rs 20 per kilogram from the existing Rs 40 per kilogram.
The Spokesman said the reduction comes in lieu of the upcoming festive season.
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023