Wimal lashes out at PB
Posted in Local News
Housing Minister Wimal Weerawansa yesterday hit out at Treasury Secretary Dr. P. B. Jayasundara calling him an ‘economic hit-man.’
At a function organised by his Ministry at the Youth Centre in Maharagama Minister Weerawansa called for the resignation of the Treasury Secretary.
He questioned whether President Mahinda Rajapaksa had liberated the country from the clutches of terrorists to allow an economic hit-man to destroy the economy. “Imagine what would have happened if the Treasury Secretary was the Secretary to the Defense Ministry,” he said.
The Minister said, Dr. Jayasundara should follow Defense Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa who is considered the best public servant in Sri Lanka today.
Courtesy: DM Online
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
We have been listening to Minister Weerawansa on literature, law and political science in the past.
Asaw Asaw his latest lectures on economy.
We propose some degree conferring institution should confer a doctorate. With Mervyn Silva and Keheliya our country will be of world class with such intellectual brilliance in the cabinet.
Mr Jayasundera’s career as Treasury Secretary appears to have reached its “use by” date; it is hence destined to the dustbin.
Not only treasury , but entire public service is corrupted and the biggest obstacle in developing the country , particularly Sri Lanka Administrative Service created by British crown initially to collect taxes which later renamed as SLAS. Historical Matale rebellion in 1848 was initiated by Weera Puran Appu and others as a result of high taxes charged.
” Basnayaka “,what are you talking about ?.Read first and (relavant to the topic)write if you have to.Mr Appuhamy
Dr.Jayasundara can’t give money as much as people demand. It is good that he is doing so. It is not easy for Weerawansa to fire Dr.Jayasundera.
I am discussing the real problem which you don’t understand.
Minister Dew Gunasekara talked today about the deterioration of public sector.