Wimal lashes out at PB
Housing Minister Wimal Weerawansa yesterday hit out at Treasury Secretary Dr. P. B. Jayasundara calling him an ‘economic hit-man.’
At a function organised by his Ministry at the Youth Centre in Maharagama Minister Weerawansa called for the resignation of the Treasury Secretary.
He questioned whether President Mahinda Rajapaksa had liberated the country from the clutches of terrorists to allow an economic hit-man to destroy the economy. “Imagine what would have happened if the Treasury Secretary was the Secretary to the Defense Ministry,” he said.
The Minister said, Dr. Jayasundara should follow Defense Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa who is considered the best public servant in Sri Lanka today.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023