Anuruddha Polgampola arrested by CID
Former State Timber Corporation (STC) Chairman Anuruddha Polgampola was arrested last night by the Criminal Investigations Department (CID), Police said.
They said Mr. Polgampola was arrested in connection with a financial fraud of Rs. 8 million connected to the construction of the Northern Railway line.
UPDATE: (1.10 PM) – Former Parliamentarian Anuruddha Polgampola, who was arrested by the CID, has been remanded until May 18 after being produced before the Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023