Anuruddha Polgampola arrested by CID
Posted in Local News
Former State Timber Corporation (STC) Chairman Anuruddha Polgampola was arrested last night by the Criminal Investigations Department (CID), Police said.
They said Mr. Polgampola was arrested in connection with a financial fraud of Rs. 8 million connected to the construction of the Northern Railway line.
UPDATE: (1.10 PM) – Former Parliamentarian Anuruddha Polgampola, who was arrested by the CID, has been remanded until May 18 after being produced before the Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023