Bus fare to increase by 10%: LPBOA
Bus fares for private busses are expected to be increased by a minimum of 10 percent with effect from next week, the Lanka Private Bus Owners Association (LPBOA) President Gemunu Wijeratne said today.
Meanwhile three-wheeler drivers’ associations decided to increase the fare for the first kilometer (minimum fare) by Rs 10 with effect from midnight yesterday (10).
Petrol 92 Octane was increased to Rs 137, Octane 95 went up to Rs 148 while Auto Diesel and Super Diesel were raised to Rs 109 and Rs 119 per litre, respectively.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023