NO PLAN TO TAKE OVER SAMURDHI BANK – GOVERNOR
There has been no decision to take over the Samurdhi Bank under the Central Bank, Central Bank Governor, Dr. Indrajit Coomaraswamy said.
The Governor highlighted this at a special media briefing held at the Central Bank headquarters yesterday morning.
He said the Central Bank would only play a monitoring role in the bank but would not take action to take it under their wing.
The Governor was answering questions posed by journalists on the Samurdhi Bank at the briefing organised to explain the latest Monetary Board policy.
(Source: Daily News – By Jayasiri Munasinghe)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023