NO PLAN TO TAKE OVER SAMURDHI BANK – GOVERNOR
Posted in Local News
There has been no decision to take over the Samurdhi Bank under the Central Bank, Central Bank Governor, Dr. Indrajit Coomaraswamy said.
The Governor highlighted this at a special media briefing held at the Central Bank headquarters yesterday morning.
He said the Central Bank would only play a monitoring role in the bank but would not take action to take it under their wing.
The Governor was answering questions posed by journalists on the Samurdhi Bank at the briefing organised to explain the latest Monetary Board policy.
(Source: Daily News – By Jayasiri Munasinghe)
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
How can you take over a another bank because in my opinion you don’t have the expertise to run a thosey kadey.
Nivard Cabral has been always criticising the Central bank and its policies just forgetting the damages he did in his tenure.
But Canbral is not in any position to do that.
Below is the profile of current CB governor.
first of all one should ask what purpose is the central bank for, if all banks just do as they please it will be a worse than manning market let alone like a thosey kadey,
Don’t you know the role of central bank ?