CDS Admiral Ravindra Wijegunaratne released on bail
Chief of Defence Staff Admiral Ravindra Wijegunaratne was released on two surety bails of Rs. 01 Million each by the Fort Magistrate’s Court today.
The CDS was remanded over allegedly intimidating a witness in the case of Naval Officer Prasad Hettiarachchi allegedly abducting and making 11 civilians disappear.
Fort Magistrate Ranga Dissanayake warned Admiral Wijegunaratne if it is revealed that he exerts his influence on the investigations or on the witnesses, bail will be revoked and he would be placed in remand custody until the trial is concluded.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023