Bus fares likely to drop by two weeks
Posted in Local News
The All Island Private Bus Owners Federation and the National Transport Commission have agreed to reduce bus fares on the 21st of December in line with the reduction of fuel price reductions.
The price of diesel was reduced by 5 rupees a litre on November 30th,
Prior to that the price was reduced by 15 rupees a litre.
The all Ceylon private bus owners union secretary Anjana Priyanjith gave this statement regarding details of the meeting that was held earlier today.
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023