Bus fares likely to drop by two weeks
The All Island Private Bus Owners Federation and the National Transport Commission have agreed to reduce bus fares on the 21st of December in line with the reduction of fuel price reductions.
The price of diesel was reduced by 5 rupees a litre on November 30th,
Prior to that the price was reduced by 15 rupees a litre.
The all Ceylon private bus owners union secretary Anjana Priyanjith gave this statement regarding details of the meeting that was held earlier today.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy promotes 1,877 personnel on its 73rd anniversary December 9, 2023