Mervin Silva prepared to resign?
Dr. Mervin Silva Deputy Minister of Labour vowed he would resign from Parliament if a single member of the Democratic National Alliance (DNA) led by Sarath Fonseka wins a seat at the forth coming General Election in April. He made the above statement speaking to Lankapuvath today.
He further added that he would definitely win this election by a good majority and that Gampaha leader Basil Rajapaksa would top the list in Gampaha.
He would honour his challenge and resign from his seat if a single member of DNA wins a seat in Gampaha.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka bondholders raise concerns over debt deal transparency December 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023