Need a proper policy on foreign investors – Gotabaya
When inviting foreign investors, it is important to create an economic policy which can protect the local entrepreneur stated former Defense Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
If foreign investors are invited into the country they should generate some foreign exchange and employment opportunities for the country, he said.
He further said that the investors also need to change their technology to suit Sri Lanka.
Gotabaya Rajapaksa expressed these views at the ‘Eliya’ conference held in Badulla yesterday (17). Reportedly, the conference was attended by experts from various fields.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023