Need a proper policy on foreign investors – Gotabaya
Posted in Local News
When inviting foreign investors, it is important to create an economic policy which can protect the local entrepreneur stated former Defense Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
If foreign investors are invited into the country they should generate some foreign exchange and employment opportunities for the country, he said.
He further said that the investors also need to change their technology to suit Sri Lanka.
Gotabaya Rajapaksa expressed these views at the ‘Eliya’ conference held in Badulla yesterday (17). Reportedly, the conference was attended by experts from various fields.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
Of course, there should be a proper policy.
Also, there should be a cap on commissions payable.
First stop the corruption, then we can talk about proper policy on foreign investors.
I see a lot of comments about commission all the time mostly aimed at Mr and his people. This commission business has been going on for years with every party and every government and all over the world. If any one thinks that the current regime is not taking commissions they are they are dreaming. At least we saw some development post for war in Sri Lanka at very fast pace during MR”s time. Don’t see much happening these days