No more jarring music in passenger buses
Transport Service Management Minister Mahinda Amaraweera has taken steps to ban the loud music being played in private passenger transport buses from January 1.
Under the new regulations, both private and state-owned buses would be banned from playing loud music. A volume limit too will be imposed.
Minister Mahinda Amaraweera has recommended a list of songs which could be played while transporting passengers from January.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023