NPC suspends Colombo Crimes OIC’s transfer
Posted in Local News
The National Police Commission has suspended the transfer issued to the Officer in Charge of the Colombo Crimes Division, Chief Police Inspector Nevil de Silva.
The order was issued after considering an appeal filed by the Chief Police Inspector over his transfer.
The appeal claimed he was issued a transfer as he failed to carry out an unlawful order issued by two senior police officers, over an arrested suspect.
The National Police Commission stated the OIC was transferred to the police headquarters and assigned general duties without the approval of the Commission.
(Source: News Radio)
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023