NPC suspends Colombo Crimes OIC’s transfer
The National Police Commission has suspended the transfer issued to the Officer in Charge of the Colombo Crimes Division, Chief Police Inspector Nevil de Silva.
The order was issued after considering an appeal filed by the Chief Police Inspector over his transfer.
The appeal claimed he was issued a transfer as he failed to carry out an unlawful order issued by two senior police officers, over an arrested suspect.
The National Police Commission stated the OIC was transferred to the police headquarters and assigned general duties without the approval of the Commission.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023