Panadura North OIC interdicted over missing T-56 rifles
The officer-in-charge (OIC) of the Panadura North Police Station, Prabath Paranawithana has been interdicted on the National Police Commission’s covering approval after two T-56 assault rifles went missing from his police station.
An inspection of the police station on the 4th of July revealed that two assault rifles were missing from the armoury of the police station.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- U.S. Deputy Secretary of State commends Sri Lanka’s economic efforts February 23, 2024
- Nightlife will play a vital role in Sri Lanka’s economic growth and tourist experience February 23, 2024
- Moon landing today: US clinches first touchdown in 50 years February 23, 2024
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024