Professor W.D. Lakshman appointed Governor of Central Bank
Sri Lankan economist, academic and author Professor W. D. Lakshman assumed duties as the new Governor of Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL) this morning.
He has officially assumed duties following a brief ceremony at the Central Bank, a short while ago.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023