Patali Champika Ranawaka granted bail
Former Minister Patali Champika Ranawaka, who was arrested and remanded over an accident in Rajagiriya in 2016, has been released on bail.
The UNP MP, who was arrested and remanded over a road accident in Rajagiriya, was produced before the court this morning (24).
Meanwhile, the driver of Parliamentarian Patali Champika Ranawaka, Dilum Thusitha Kumara, who was involved in the accident in Rajagiriya in 2016, has been remanded till the 6th of January following an order issued by Colombo Additional Magistrate Kanchana Neranjani de Silva.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023