Remand period extended for Amal Perera and others arrested in Dubai
Posted in Local News
The group which includes underworld gang leader Maakandurey Madhush, vocalist Amal Perera and his son Nadeemaal, who were arrested by Dubai police are to be detained for another month.
This under an order put forth by the courts in Dubai, according to Attorney Shaabdika Wellappili appearing on behalf of Amal Perera and his son.
The attorney is of the view that this decision for extension was made as investigations being carried out had not been completed and additional reports had to be submitted to court.
The attorney also said that action would be taken to request bail for Amal Perera and his son during this period.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023