Special court for drug-related cases
Posted in Local News
President Maithripala Sirisena has stressed the need for the establishment of a special court to hear cases related to drug crimes and plans to discuss this matter at the next Cabinet meeting.
The President expressed his views at the special discussion held at the Presidential Secretariat to study the draft Bill on minimising the occurrence of drug-related crimes.
The President said the long delay in hearing cases on drug crimes has become a major obstacle to implementing the programme introduced to eliminate the drug menace.
The Defence Secretary and several other Ministry Secretaries and institutional heads were present at the discussion.
(Source: Daily News)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023