Sri Lanka beat Bangladesh by 92 runs at World Cup
Posted in Sports News
Sri Lanka defeated Bangladesh by 92 runs in their World Cup Pool A match at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Thursday.
Sri Lanka scored 332 for one after electing to bat with Tillakaratne Dilshan unbeaten on 161 after an opening stand of 122 with Lahiru Thirimanne (52) while Kumar Sangakkara hit 105 not out in his 400th one-day international.
In reply, Bangladesh were bowled out for 240 with three overs left with Sabbir Rahman top scoring on 53.
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023