Sri Lanka Parliament approves Domestic Debt Restructuring programme
The Resolution on Domestic Debt Optimization (DDO) was passed in Parliament of Sri Lanka with a majority of 60 votes with 122 members voting for and 62 against.
Some members were absent during voting.
The Chairman of the Committee on Public Finance Harsha De Silva voted against. Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) MP Vadivel Suresh and MP Sudarshani Fernandopulle voted in favor.
Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) members were absent during voting time. A total number of 40 MPs were absent during voting, while the Tamil National Alliance (TNA) and MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam voted against.
SJB MP Rajitha Senaratne was a notable absentee.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023