Sri Lanka President confident Sri Lanka will overcome bankruptcy status by September 2023
Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe has expressed confidence that Sri Lanka would overcome its bankruptcy status by September, 2023.
President Wickremesinghe made these remarks addressing the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Sri Lanka Institute of Directors (SLID) today (June 30).
He called for collective efforts supporting the government’s ongoing initiatives, particularly the Domestic Debt Optimization (DDO) plan.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023